FortWhyte Alive is dedicated to providing programming, natural settings and facilities for environmental education, outdoor recreation and social enterprise. In so doing, FortWhyte promotes awareness and understanding of the natural world and actions leading to sustainable living.
- Offer, as a primary focus, relevant programming that focuses on the dynamic interactions and interdependency between humans and natural systems
- Offer outdoor recreational experiences that encourage individuals to enjoy, understand and sustain the natural world
- Offer enhanced program opportunities for disadvantaged youth and families to participate in environmental education, outdoor recreation, and entrepreneurial programs
- Offer exhibits that interpret Manitoba’s cultural and natural history and address critical environmental issues
- Offer outreach programs that build and nurture sustainable communities
We are open for all seasons!
Seasonal Hours of Operation:
Monday to Friday: 9 am - 5 pm
Saturday, Sunday & Holidays: 10 am - 5 pm
Please note that the north trail gate (off Sterling Lyon) and south trail gate (off McGillivary Blvd) are locked at 4:30pm every day.
Click here for Buffalo Stone Café hours.
- Adults $7
- Seniors $6
- Students & Children $5
- Members & Children under 3 - FREE
- Guided School & Youth Group Programs (per person) $5.00 - $6.00
- Group tours and student programs available with advance reservation. Discounts available for tours of 10 or more, guided or self-guided. Call 204-989-8353
- PETS ARE NOT ALLOWED
Click here for exhibits and activities.
There are many benefits of membership, to find out more, click here: