Connecting humans with nature.
At FortWhyte Alive, we connect humans with nature. We are passionate about people and the planet. We are so much more than a park -- each and every day we aim to educate, engage and inspire.
FortWhyte Alive is an award-winning destination where you can get outside and experience nature. We supply the wildlife, hiking trails, freshwater lakes, inspiring exhibits, and amazing experiences. You provide the spirit, enthusiasm for the outdoors, and your love for the environment.
Whether you come to explore, adventure or enjoy a moment to yourself, you’ll discover something new, each time you visit.
FortWhyte Alive is dedicated to providing programming, natural settings and facilities for environmental education, outdoor recreation and social enterprise. In so doing, FortWhyte promotes awareness and understanding of the natural world and actions leading to sustainable living.
- Offer, as a primary focus, relevant programming that focuses on the dynamic interactions and interdependency between humans and natural systems
- Offer outdoor recreational experiences that encourage individuals to enjoy, understand and sustain the natural world
- Offer enhanced program opportunities for underserved youth and families to participate in environmental education, outdoor recreation, and social enterprise programs
- Offer exhibits that interpret Manitoba’s cultural and natural history and address critical environmental issues
- Offer outreach programs that build and nurture sustainable communities