Secure Online Registration
Registration for 2019 Spring Camp opens Wednesday, February 13th at 12 pm.
Our system allows you to register all your children at one time without entering the same information multiple times, and lets you pay once with a single shopping cart. You can save unfinished forms to complete later. In addition, you can instantly see what camp sessions are currently available (full sessions will be greyed out). You can expect that a new registration will take about 10 minutes to complete.
Our online registration system is powered by CampBrain, a leading provider of online camp services, who use the highest level of internet security commercially available.
Important: Parents must not register children from families other than their own using our online registration process. If you register a child from another family, neither registration will be accepted. If a family registers a child other than their own, the registration will be invalid until that child’s parent/guardian provides FortWhyte Alive with contact information and signed waiver forms. Each family will be assessed a $25 administrative fee.
Pick-up and Drop-off
|Dropping Off||Camp drop off is between 8 and 9 am
Camp programming begins at 9 am (While waiting, campers participate in low organized games, songs, crafts and activities led by camp counsellors.)
|Picking Up||Campers may be picked up between 4 and 5 pm
Camp programming ends at 4 pm (While waiting, campers participate in low organized games, songs, crafts and activities lead by camp counsellors.)
Drop-Off and Pick-Up Locations
|Nature Day Camp||Interpretive Centre, 1961 McCreary Road
*Please park in our main parking lot and enter the Alloway Reception Centre, then proceed to walk with your child to the Interpretive Centre (2 minute walk) for drop off.
|Farm Day Camp||FortWhyte Farms Headquarters, 1961 McCreary Road
FortWhyte Farms is the first building on your left after turning off McCreary Road — watch for the red roof!
*Please park in the main lot at the Alloway Reception Centre and walk your child over to the Interpretive Centre (this is about a two-minute walk).
Garbageless Lunches and Snacks
Environmental education is the primary mandate of FortWhyte Alive. During their week-long adventures, children are introduced to nature and the various ways they, as individuals, can make small but important contributions to the future well-being of our planet. One such way is through reducing the amount of garbage used in packaging lunches and snacks. Here are some pointers to help you prepare garbageless lunches and snacks:
- REDUCE: Avoid over-packaged items such as cheese and cracker snacks, individually packaged yogurts and puddings, or pre-packaged, ’deli’ lunches.
- REUSE: With the many sizes and shapes of Tupperware available, you can pack just about anything in a reusable container. Old sour margarine tubs are also great for replacing plastic wrap! Thermoses are excellent for hot or cold lunches. Use reusable nylon or cloth lunch bags to carry food.
- RECYCLE: FortWhyte has collection bins for aluminum cans, glass and plastic. There is also an active compost program for organic food wastes such as fruit peels and cores.
Nuts and Nut Products Policy
For the safety of all our campers, NUTS, PEANUTS AND NUT PRODUCTS ARE PROHIBITED FROM DAY CAMP PROGRAMS. Please be sure to read all product ingredient labels very carefully.
What to Pack for Camp
Clothes & Belongings
- Be sure to label all your child’s belongings as FortWhyte Alive will not be responsible for lost or missing articles.
- Please send your child in clothes that are practical for crafts and outdoor play.
- For security reasons, we are unable to allow campers’ belongings to remain at FortWhyte overnight.
What To Bring (Spring Camp Days)
- (one) garbage-less lunch (nut and peanut free) that doesn't require a microwave
- 2 (two) garbage-less snacks (nut and peanut free)
- Rubber boots/winter boots
- 2 (two) pairs of mittens
- Extra pair of socks
- Long underwear or sweatpants (to wear over/under regular clothes)
- Extra layer (sweater or fleece top)
- Change of clothes
Note that a large part of the camp experience takes place outside. Please send your child with the appropriate outerwear for the weather.
- If your child must be away from camp for any unexpected reason such as an illness, please call (204) 989-8355 x 209.
- If your child must be away due to a planned reason such as an appointment, please inform your child's camp leader ahead of time and provide a written note.
- No refunds will be issued for missed days unless accompanied by doctor's note, less a 10% administration fee.
Cancellations made 10 or more days in advance of session start date will be fully refunded, less a 10% administration fee.
Cancellations made 10 or fewer days in advance of session start date will be issued a credit (less a 10% administration fee). The credit can be used for another FortWhyte Alive camp session and is valid for a year. Credits can be transferred between immediate family members in the household.
Registration transfers requested 10 or more days in advance of session start date will be granted if there is room.
Registration transfers requested 10 or fewer days in advance will be granted if there is room, less a 10% administration fee.
Tax Receipt Information
Your tax receipt is your Statement of Account which is available on your CampBrain account. We email these statements prior to January 31st of the following calendar year, however you may access and print this information by logging into your account at your convenience.
In accordance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, names, addresses, or other personal information collected by FortWhyte Alive will only be used for internal purposes such as informational mailings, membership renewals and other communications, and will not be shared with any third party. You have the right to request that your name and other information not be used for any internal FortWhyte Alive marketing purposes. If your information changes or if you no longer wish to receive communication from us, please let us know by calling (204) 989-8355 or by emailing email@example.com.