With the holidays around the corner, you already have a great excuse to bake a batch (or more!) of delicious homemade cookies. This year, try your hand at making Snickerdoodles, a delicious cookie coated in sugar and cinnamon that is crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsps cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- Cream together butter, shortening, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Blend in flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt.
- Roll spoonfuls of dough into balls, and lightly toss them in the sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and cook for approximately 10 minutes, or until golden.
Enjoy with hot chocolate!
Drop by the Buffalo Stone Café to sample delicious locally-sourced, Manitoba-inspired cuisine. They just launched their new winter menu this past week!