Photo by Carolyne Ferrand.
A truly wild ride.
Venture inside FortWhyte Alive’s bison prairie for an up-close encounter you’ve got to see to believe.
See North America’s largest land mammal from just meters away, interacting in their natural habitat. These striking prairie beasts are stoic, hairy, and huge! Go on an adventure into our prairie past this summer, and leave knowing more about how bison have shaped Canada’s history.
Bison Safaris offer an experience like no other, and are constant favourite for:
- Families (add this to your summer bucket list!)
- Guests with limited mobility
- Out-of-town visitors looking for an epic Manitoba experience
About This Experience
- Tour length is 1 hour
- Guests are encouraged to bring a camera (and to take a bison selfie!)
- Passengers must remain on the bus at all times
- Bus does not accommodate wheelchairs; passengers must be able to transfer themselves
- Bison Safaris are weather and ground conditions-dependent; tours may be cancelled or postponed
- End your tour with lunch at the Buffalo Stone Café, a full visit to FortWhyte Alive, or see what else is on!
- Please note the cost of a safari does not include admission to the site
To participate in this experience:
Register online by visiting store.fortwhyte.org or by phone at (204) 989-8355 ext. 311.
Safaris sell out weeks in advance and we strongly encourage making reservations to avoid disappointment.
$16, $12 for FortWhyte Alive Members for adult fare
$8 for children under 12 (children must be accompanied by an adult)
2018 Tour Dates:
- May, June & September – Thursdays at 1:30 pm
- Reserve your spot for May and June now!
- July & August – Wednesday to Saturday at 1:30 pm
- July, August and September dates to open May 24th
Book Your Own Private Bison Safari
Perhaps you have an alternative date in mind, and are looking to create the ultimate experience for your family or group. Private bookings are available with a minimum of 10 participants (minimum fee $160, regular seat pricing in effect). Please call (204) 989-8355 ext. 204 or email email@example.com to inquire.