Venture inside FortWhyte Alive’s bison prairie for an up-close encounter you’ve got to see to believe.
See North America’s largest land mammal from just meters away, interacting in their natural habitat. Go on an adventure into our prairie past, and leave knowing more about how bison have shaped Canada’s history.
- May & June – Thursdays at 1:30 pm
- July & August – Wednesday to Saturday at 1:30 pm
- September – Thursdays at 1:30 pm
Or register with our bookings office by phone at (204) 989-8355 x 311
Bison Safaris sell out weeks in advance and we strongly encourage making reservations to avoid disappointment.
- $18 for Adults
- $15 for FortWhyte Alive Members
- $10 for Child Under 12 (children must be accompanied by an adult)
- Children under 2 free if seated on the lap of another passenger. No registration required for this participant.
Please note that this experience at FortWhyte Alive is non-refundable, unless cancelled by FortWhyte due to inclement weather or ground conditions.
To extend your visit to see and explore more of FortWhyte Alive, general admission still applies, and is not included in the ticket price.
About This Experience
- Tour length is 1 hour
- Guests are encouraged to bring a camera (and to take a bison selfie!)
- Passengers must remain on the bus at all times.
- Bus does not accommodate wheelchairs; passengers must be able board the bus independently.
- Bison Safaris are weather and ground conditions-dependent; tours may be cancelled or postponed.
- End your tour with lunch at the Buffalo Stone Café (no admission required) or a visit to FortWhyte Alive (general admission required).
- Book Your Own Private Bison Safari
- A Prairie Legacy: The Bison and Its People
For a deeper dive into our shared prairie history, you might also be interested in our Canadian Tourism Signature Experience A Prairie Legacy: The Bison and Its People. This signature tour combines the popular Bison Safari experience with the sights, sounds, smells and tastes of our shared prairie history – leaving you with an one-of-a-kind experience you won’t soon forget.
Photo by Ruth Bonneville