Connect with nature.
Spend an afternoon learning about the importance of Manitoba’s natural habitats while enjoying a variety of activities, games and crafts. We encourage this special opportunity for grandchildren and grandparents, but all families are welcome. This program promotes outdoor exploration and exploring fun new ways to get involved in nature.
- July 17: Terrific Trees
Trees are very important for our planet and for people. Learn about all their benefits, plant a tree, and make a tree identification booklet to take home.
- August 14: Our Feathered Friends
Go on a nature walk in the forest to look for some of our feathered friends. Learn about the different ways they find their food and make a birdfeeder to take home.
- Wednesday, July 17 2:30 pm - 4 pm
- Wednesday, August 14 2:30 pm - 4 pm
Or register with our bookings office by phone at (204) 989-8355 x 311
- $25/family* per session
- $15/family* per session for FortWhyte Alive Members
- $8 for each additional child
Please note that experiences at FortWhyte Alive are non-refundable.
- This program is suggested for ages 5-12. Children must be accompanied by an adult
- *One family consists of 2 grandparents or parents, and 1 child.
- Admission for 2 adults and 1 child is included in the cost of this program registration.