Learn how willows help protect against shoreline erosion.
As part of this program, people like you have assisted in protecting over 500 metres of shoreline along FortWhyte's lakes using rooted willow plugs. Join us, and learn this simple technique for strengthening shorelines against erosion.
After the planting, join us for tea and bannock in community.
Check out the recap of last year's planting.
Afterward, stick around from 1-3 pm in making willow tree crowns or wreaths from full grown willow, as a fun thing to take home and display. Great activity for kids and adults alike.
- Sunday, September 30 10 am-12 pm
Pre-registration is required for this complimentary program
- Complimentary with waived admission to FortWhyte Alive
- Free for FortWhyte Alive Members
- Pre-registration is required.
- Suggested for ages 10+, including adults.
- Please bring rubber boots, and wear long pants and sleeves. Gloves and planting tools will be provided.
- This activity is not recommended for those with a previously determined high sensitivity to poison ivy. Gloves and poison ivy wash station will be available at the planting site.
For further planting information, please contact Katrina Froese by email at email@example.com.