In this course WAV Paddling will introduce you to paddling in enclosed sheltered waters and calm conditions. Skills and knowledge covered include types of boards, paddling while laying down, kneeling, and standing on a board, balancing on a board, regular and surf stance, forward & turning strokes, falling off a board and safety awareness.
- $75 per person
- 3 hours, Weekday evenings 6 pm – 9 pm
- June 12
- June 26
- July 2
- July 17
- July 31
- August 14
- August 21
- August 28
- September 4
All registrations and inquiries handled by WAV Paddling
These courses are designed to introduce you to the basics of paddling. In addition to safety training and equipment education, you will be taught the strokes and manoeuvres that will help you to enhance your on-water experience and improve your confidence. Registration for all paddling courses is done through WAV Paddling’s website.Canoeing and Kayaking are lifelong sports that are easily learned by all ages and most abilities. FortWhyte Alive is pleased to partner with WAV Paddling for the instruction of the 2019 paddling programs. WAV Paddling’s certified professional instructors will provide you with the knowledge and experience to confidently enjoy your own paddling excursions. FortWhyte’s small sheltered lakes are the ideal setting for learning the basics of these adventurous pursuits.
Instruction is provided for ages 12 and up.
All Courses Include:
- National certification and registration with Paddle Canada for certification level courses
- Entry to FortWhyte Alive Outdoor Adventure Centre
- Liability and Activity insurance
- Watercraft rental
- PFD (personal flotation device), or they will be provided by FortWhyte Alive.
- Paddle clothing suitable to the weather conditions.
- Due to tighter monitoring of our lake water quality, we no longer allow personal watercraft or paddles to be used on site.
All paddling courses are taught at the FortWhyte Outdoor Adventure Centre located at 2505 McGillivray Blvd.