Reconnect with nature and watch the sky come to life as thousands of geese land after sunset in this breathtaking autumn ritual.
Take some time out on a crisp autumn evening to witness and experience the magic of fall migration. Watch as the sun slowly disappears below the horizon and geese begin landing at sunset in a stunning display.
- Learn about the great migration with our popular interpretive presentation
- Gather around a toasty bonfire to roast bannock, make s’mores — or grab a bite at the concession paired with a beer from this year's beer sponsor, Lake of the Woods Brewing Co.
- Cozy up and watch the show of staging geese landing at sunset from the deck behind the Interpretive Centre
- Wednesdays - Sundays from September 18 to October 20
What time should you arrive?
- Arrive at least 30 minutes before sunset to witness this ancient migration ritual
- Plan your experience around nightly sunset and presentation times.
No Registration Required
- $7 cash per person (2 & under FREE) - pay at the gate after 5 pm
- $30 cash per carload - pay at the gate after 5 pm
- FREE for FortWhyte Alive Members - present your member card at the gate
Group rates available for bookings of 10 or more – please call (204) 989-8355 ext 206 for more information.
- Suggested as a great experience for all ages.
- Concessions and admission are cash only. FortWhyte Alive does not have an ATM on-site.
- Sorry, concessions will not be available on Sunday, October 13 in observance of the Thanksgiving Long Weekend
- All trails and pedestrian/cycling gates will be closed at 4:30pm
Reservations for our very popular Goose Flight Feasts at the Buffalo Stone Cafe are open now.
Migration Season is generously sponsored by Cambrian Credit Union