Reconnect with nature and watch the sky come to life as thousands of geese land after sunset in this breathtaking autumn ritual.
Take some time out on a crisp autumn evening to witness and experience the magic of fall migration. Watch as the sun slowly disappears below the horizon and geese begin landing at sunset in a stunning display.
- Learn about the great migration with our popular interpretive presentation
- Gather around a toasty bonfire to roast bannock, make s’mores — or grab a bite at the concession paired with a beer or a glass of wine
- Cozy up and watch the show of staging geese landing at sunset from the deck behind the Interpretive Centre
- Wednesdays - Sundays from September 18 to October 20
What time should you arrive?
- Arrive at least 30 minutes before sunset to witness this ancient migration ritual
- Plan your experience around nightly sunset and presentation times.
No Registration Required
- $7 cash per person - pay at the gate after 5 pm
- $30 cash per carload - pay at the gate after 5 pm
- Group rates available for bookings of 10 or more – please call (204) 989-8355 ext 206 for more information.
- Suggested as a great experience for all ages.
- Concessions and admission are cash only. FortWhyte Alive does not have an ATM on-site.
- All trails and pedestrian/cycling gates will be closed at 5pm
Reservations for our very popular Goose Flight Feasts at the Buffalo Stone Cafe are open now.
Migration Season is generously sponsored by Cambrian Credit Union