Living in a materialistic world, it's difficult to not accumulate junk. Kids grow out of clothes fast, their recreation interests change, we want to revamp a room and suddenly our lamp just doesn’t match a thing. We get it, and we are here to help!
The idea is simple - we all have enough items we don’t want, and always love what someone else has! Passing on perfectly good items to other people can help reduce our environmental impact by reducing carbon produced in production and distribution, it spares the landfills, and saves us lots of money too!
So, here’s how it works. Bring along 15-20 gentle used, good quality items that your family no longer uses, and swap them out for some exciting new-to-you goods! All items left over at the end of the day can be taken home with you, or left with us at FortWhyte to donate to the Nearly New Shop, supporting the Children's Hospital Foundation.
Sunday, March 18
- Children's clothes, toys and books for ages 2-5
- Adult fiction and non fiction books.
Sunday, April 8
- Small Kitchen Appliances (toasters, coffee makers, blenders, dishware, etc.)
- Small Home Decor (art work, rugs, vases, decorative pieces, throw blankets, etc.)
Sunday, May 6
- Children's clothes, toys and books for ages 5-10
- Adult men and women's clothing
1pm - 3pm
FREE with regular admission.
Advanced Registration is required, as spaces are limited -- to reserve your seat, call our bookings office at (204) 989-8355 x311, or visit store.fortwhyte.org to reserve your spot.