National Tree Day serves as a celebration for all Canadians to appreciate the great benefits that trees provide us – clean air, wildlife habitat, reducing energy demand and connecting with nature.
Tree Canada is celebrating National Tree Day from coast to coast in cities like St. John’s, Montreal, Ottawa, Markham, Winnipeg and North Vancouver.
Winnipeg's celebration will be held at FortWhyte Alive.
- Wednesday, September 25 4-6 pm
Please note that all registration and inquiries are handled by Tree Canada.
- Free for FortWhyte Alive Members and general visitors
Registration is required for this complimentary event
- Tree Canada will be providing you with the necessary tools to plant the trees (i.e. shovels and gloves), however please wear sturdy, closed-toe shoes with long pants
- Light refreshments and water will be provided
- Please dress appropriately for the weather. This event will still happen if there are showers in the forecast
- You will be provided with a t-shirt, which we encourage you to enjoy and wear during the event