A celebration of all things winter.
Join us for a day outside to experience and celebrate all that winter has to offer. FortWhyte Alive is yours to explore — whether you fish, hike, snowshoe, slide or skate is up to you!
Explore the site on your own, or opt for a guided snowshoe or hike through the woods. Our toboggan slide will be open for the thrill seekers, and our skating rink polished for those who prefer to glide. Try your hand at ice fishing with our friends from Manitoba Wildlife Federation.
This family-friendly event is sure to entertain all interests and abilities.
Bring your own skates. All other equipment provided, while supplies last.
- Sunday, February 23 11 am - 4 pm
No Registration Required
- Included with general admission to FortWhyte Alive
- Free for FortWhyte Alive Members
- FREE rentals and activities for all in attendance
- Guided Snowshoe Hikes - snowshoes provided
- Tobogganing - bring your own, or borrow ours!
- Ice Skating - bring your own ice skates
- Guided Interpretive Walks - learn about local flora and fauna
- Orienteering - test out our orienteering course by foot or on snowshoes
- Bannock Roasting - enjoy this FortWhyte favorite while warming up around the fire
- Ice Fishing - instruction available from Manitoba Wildlife Federation.
- Scavenger Hunts - warm up exploring our exhibits, or opt for outdoor adventures
- Winter Games - test your strength, aim and skill with winter themed fun
- Suggested for all ages, and a great experience for new Canadians looking to experience winter fun.
- Registration not required