Photo by Joseph Visser
A journey into our shared prairie past.
This signature tour combines our popular Bison Safari experience with the sights, sounds, smells and tastes of our shared prairie history, leaving you with a one-of-a-kind experience you won’t soon forget.
In this experience, you will:
- Get up close and personal with Canada’s only urban bison herd on a Bison Safari to learn about the Plains bison and their importance to life on the prairie;
- Transport yourself to voyageur times as you paddle across the lake in a historic-style voyageur canoe;
Immerse yourself in Manitoba’s cultural history by stepping into a Plains-style tipi and a one-room pioneer sod house, and
- Cap off the day by savouring wild-harvested tea and roasting bannock over a campfire.
A Prairie Legacy: The Bison and Its People has been designated as a Canadian Signature Experience.
- Wednesday, July 10 12:30 - 3:30 pm
- Wednesday, July 24 12:30 - 3:30 pm
- Wednesday, August 7 12:30 - 3:30 pm
- Wednesday, August 21 12:30 - 3:30 pm
- Wednesday, September 4 12:30 - 3:30 pm
Or register with our bookings office by phone at (204) 989-8355 x 311
- $45 per person
Please note that this experience at FortWhyte Alive is non-refundable, unless cancelled by FortWhyte due to inclement weather or ground conditions.
To extend your visit to see and explore more of FortWhyte Alive, general admission still applies, and is not included in the ticket price.
About This Experience
- Tour length is 3 hours
- Please dress appropriately for the weather as this is an outdoor tour; you are welcome to bring a bottle of water and camera with you.
- Bus does not accommodate wheelchairs; passengers must be able board the bus independently.
- In the event of inclement weather, program activities may vary for the safety of participants.
- Book Your Own Private Tour