FortWhyte Alive School Programs
FortWhyte Alive is dedicated to providing students with the highest quality environmental education in an outdoor setting. For over 30 years, our programs have offered opportunities for students and teachers to re-connect and learn about nature… in nature.
Use the menu on the left side of this page or download our School Programs Brochure to discover our diverse array of hands-on education and recreation opportunities for your class.
Booking your School Programs
FortWhyte Alive’s School Programs can be booked online by following the link below.
- Please review our FortWhyte Teacher Guide for programming FAQs and policies.
- Please submit an online booking form to begin the bookings process.
- Bookings will be made on a first come first serve basis and CANNOT be booked over the phone. All of the information on the booking form must be completed before a space will be held.
- When booking your programs, keep in mind the current school year timetable including days off for students, winter and spring break, and report card weeks. Booking your programs on well-timed dates will make the FortWhyte Alive experience that much more enjoyable for you and your students.
- In order for us to best serve your group, please make us aware of any special details such as time constraints or students with additional support needs prior to arriving for your field trip.
- Winter program bookings will be processed after October 15, 2019 to allow sufficient time to schedule fall program bookings.
- Spring program bookings will be processed after January 3rd, 2020 due to planned renovations.
We DO NOT cancel programs. We do have some alternate indoor activities to minimize outdoor time in the event of extreme weather conditions. Groups cancelling at least 14 days in advance of their program will not be charged. All groups failing to show or cancelling within 14 days will be charged 50% of the total fee.
Payment for your program can be made upon arrival to FortWhyte Alive. Cash, cheques, P.O., and credit cards are all acceptable methods. You may be invoiced as well, but please note that charges for $50.00 or less will have a $10.00 invoicing fee applied.