Summer undeniably a social season full of picnics, long weekends, and festive food gatherings. This creamy broccoli, bacon and toasted chickpea salad is a hearty salad with a crunch, sure to be one of your new summer staples.
Creamy Broccoli, Bacon and Toasted Chickpea Salad
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ¼ cup red onions, diced small
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup bacon bits
- ½ cup homemade creamy dill dressing, see below
- ½ cup toasted harissa chickpeas (see below) for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl
- Garnish with harissa chickpeas
Served as a side dish for 2-4 people.
Toasted Harissa Chickpeas
- ½ cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and dried
- 2 tsp cumin ground
- 2 tsp coriander ground
- 2 tsp crushed chilies
- 1.5 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp mustard seed
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Take chickpeas, toss with a splash of canola oil and drop on to a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake in the oven until dry and crispy about 45 minutes to an hour. Check after 30 minutes to see how your chickpeas are coming along.
- When dry and crispy, pour into a bowl hot, and toss lightly with harissa spice, and season with salt to taste.
Homemade Creamy Dill Dressing
- ¾ cup mayonaisse
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp FortWhyte Farms Harmony Honey
- Whisk ingredients together in small bowl.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Come visit our talented chefs at the Buffalo Stone Cafe! Summer hours have been extended to 7 pm Monday through Thursday.