As FortWhyte has grown, so has its commitment to sustainability.
FortWhyte Alive believes that sustainable communities are built on three essential and interdependent cornerstones: a healthy natural environment; a healthy, vibrant economic environment; and a healthy and equitable social environment. As a place that celebrates interconnectedness of society, economy and environment, FortWhyte is rooted in sustainability.
Upcoming Sustainability Workshops
Take the time to smell (and taste) the roses.
This beginner foraging workshop will teach you some useful tips and tricks for identifying, harvesting and preparing wild foods. Join FortWhyte interpreter Barret Miller on a guided walk through beautiful FortWhyte Alive and discover the possibilities that food from the woods can add to your adventures.
- Tuesday, June 18 6:30 - 8:00 pm
- Tuesday, July 16 6:30 - 8:00 pm
- Tuesday, August 20 6:30 - 8:00 pm
Or register with our bookings office by phone at (204) 989-8355 x 311
- $15 for FortWhyte Alive Members
Please note that experiences at FortWhyte Alive are non-refundable
- Suggested for ages 12+, including adults.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.