Local. Fresh. Natural.
Located in the Alloway Reception Centre and offering scenic views, the Buffalo Stone Café features savory light meals, freshly ground coffee, and bakery treats in a relaxing lakeside setting.
Our menus feature in-season local, organic and sustainably produced foods cooked from scratch, including those grown on site at FortWhyte Farms. Diversity is certified by LEAF (Leaders in Environmentally Accountable Food Service), demonstrating their commitment to ecologically sustainable practices in all aspects of their operation.
See our daily menu by clicking here.
|Monday - Friday||9:00 AM — 4:30 PM|
|Saturday - Sunday||10:00 AM — 4:30 PM|
*Hours subject to change. The cafe will close early for special events especially on Friday-Sunday from June to September. Please call (204) 989-8355 if you are planning a late lunch.
The Buffalo Stone Café is located in
Buffalo Stone Café Catering
Hosting an event at FortWhyte Alive? The Buffalo Stone Café and Diversity Foods will meet all your catering needs.
Good food and good times go hand-in-hand with thoughtfully prepared lunches, plated dinners, banquet buffets or barbeques. Acclaimed for its fresh and locally inspired cuisine, the Buffalo Stone Café will create memorable meals for your event. Wine, beer and spirits available for evening private receptions.
For more information on Catering and menus please contact: Dana Forster, Group Services & Events Manager at 204-989-8355 ext 204 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming Café Events
A cozy date night in the woods.
Celebrate Valentine’s Day with a romantic three-course dinner in the beautiful setting of FortWhyte Alive. Bundle up and enjoy a romantic skate on the lake or try out the Richardson Rrrun toboggan before and after your dinner. We’ll have the fire going outside to keep you cozy while enjoying a cup of cocoa or coffee.
Be sure to bring your own skates.
Wednesday, February 14
$110/couple. Call (204) 989-8355 x 215 to reserve. 5:30 pm, 7 pm and 8 pm seatings available. Beer and wine will be available for purchase.
- Amuse bouche (Chef's choice)
- Artisan greens with candied yams, red onion, crispy pumpkin seeds, goat cheese, & honey balsamic dressing
Entree (Choice of one)
- Manitoba Pickerel with beurre blanc, served wild mushroom risotto, fresh parmesan cheese & pea shoots
- 6oz Filet Mignon with red wine reduction & herbed demiglace, parmesan tuile, & cambozola duchesse potato
- Chicken breast stuffed with sage, pancetta and taleggio, marsala jus, served with jalapeno and bacon croquette
- Sweet potato and goat cheese ravioli in a chili-orange butter, topped with toasted cashews & chives
Dessert (trio to share)
- Green tea Crème Brulee
- Chocolate pecan tart with candied ginger and orange
- Dark choc Mousse with raspberry coulis & fresh blackberries