FortWhyte Alive's first-ever summer camp for grown-ups was a hit! 600 campers spent the evening outdoors, indulging their inner adolescent with typical camp activities like archery, crafts, sailing, and canoeing. Thanks to our sponsors, volunteers, facilitators and participants, The Great Escape raised $10,000 in support of environmental education programs at FortWhyte Alive. Thank you to all those involved for making this inaugural fundraiser a success, and for supporting environmental education programs at FortWhyte Alive!
- Huge thanks to our sponsors Cornelle Creme, Bothwell Cheese and Molson Coors for sharing your amazing products. Thanks to Chef Kelly Cattani the and crew from the Buffalo Stone Cafe by Diversity Foods for keeping our campers fed and watered.
- Huge thanks to Normandy Shop and Wilder Goods for selling tickets to the event.
- Thank you to Wilder Goods, Smak Dab, Cole and Canary, and Bothwell Cheese, four local businesses who donated amazing products for the raffle.
- Thank you to Sail Manitoba for taking us out on the water. How cool was that?
- Big thanks to Tripwire Media Group for once again going the extra mile with the photo booth. You can see the photos here.
- Thank you to ATLAAS, Ultra Mega, The Konks and DJs Ack 'n' Quack for keeping our toes tapping all night long.
- Congratulations to the first 100 people here who walked away with a bag full of goodies from our friends at GORP Clean Energy Bars, CPAWS, Manitoba Harvest Hemp Foods, and Red Bull. Thank you!