FortWhyte Alive offers a dynamic setting where you can
learn and grow in mind, body and spirit.
Volunteer out here in the "wild", only 5 minutes south of Assiniboine Park, and experience Mother Nature’s four seasons first-hand. We supply the hiking trails, goslings, wetlands, prairie sod house, sunset goose flights, floating boardwalks, animal tracks, aspen forests, bison, snowshoes, campfires, wildflowers, quinzhees, buffet breakfasts and more. You provide spirit, enthusiasm for the outdoors and a commitment to the environment.
There’s a Volunteer Role with Your Name On It!
Connect. Contribute. Explore.
Have fun, meet people who share your interests, and gain valuable experience working at a unique environmental education facility. FortWhyte Alive provides opportunities to enjoy Manitoba’s four seasons. We supply the hiking trails, wetlands, aspen forests, and wildlife and more. You provide the spirit, enthusiasm for the outdoors and a commitment to the environment.
Do something that matters. Get involved!
Click here for the Seasonal Classifieds list of volunteer opportunities.
We have a number of on-going volunteer commitments available, in all seasons. For a list of Seasonal Volunteer Roles, please click here.
For more information on volunteer opportunities, please contact Sharyl Eaglesham, Volunteer Resources Manager at (204) 989-8355 ext. 213 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer as a School Program Leader!
FortWhyte Alive is one of Canada’s pre-eminent sustainable-living education facilities situated on 640 acres of diverse habitat within Winnipeg. Volunteers are a critical to the operation of FortWhyte Alive with more than 300 volunteer involved in every aspect of its work. The Program Leaders are trained in the delivery of hands-on programs that open up the wonders of the natural world to over 28,000 students per school year.
- want to share your enthusiasm for the outdoors and commitment to the environment
- want to educate the younger generation in the appreciation of nature
- have good interpersonal and communication skills
- want to do something that matters
- are physically fit
- can commit to one half-day program per week (minimum two seasons/year)
...join our great volunteer team of School Program Leaders!
- Guide children and youth through a program package of hands-on outdoor activities
- Have flexible volunteer commitment (weekdays, mornings or afternoons)
- Receive training and ongoing guidance in areas of social history, environmental education and outdoor adventure
- Opportunity to share your teaching and leadership experience
- Meet new people who are also devoted to nature and outdoors
- Learn new skills while staying active
- Feel appreciated and have fun
Spring training begins April 4th. To learn more about volunteering with FWA, please call (204) 989-8355 ext. 213, or email us today.
Become a FortWhyte Alive Nature Day Camp Counsellor
A summer of canoeing, archery, cookouts, swimming, and hiking awaits. Make new friends and memories that will last a lifetime.
2017 New Camp Counsellor Application
Being a Camp Counsellor is a wonderful opportunity for youth to learn about working with children, keeping camp safe, nature training, volunteer professionalism and customer service.
Note: The new volunteer counsellors must be 14 to 19 years of age (in 2017) and able to commit to two of the weeks during the camp period July 3 – August 25, 2017. For camper safety, the volunteer counsellors must be able to attend and participate in all the training days held June 26 – 29 and screening processes deemed necessary by FWA.
Below are the instructions on how to apply to be a first-time FortWhyte Alive camp counsellor.
Please complete all 3 steps:
1. Print off the Camp Counsellor Reference Form and have it completed by an adult who is not a family member.
2. Complete the online New Counsellor Application Form – Click here to sign up!
3. Your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email with instructions on how to schedule an interview date. Counsellor interviews will begin Saturday, May 6th.
Note: Deadline for counsellor applications is Friday, June 16, 2017.
Feel free to contact email@example.com or if you have any questions about the Summer Camp Counsellor role.
- Lafarge Canada: Supporting our Volunteers!
- Spring Season Wind-Up 2015
- Volunteer BBQ 2016
- Volunteer Holiday Cheer & Holiday Tea 2016
- Volunteer Spotlight: Al Ross
- Volunteer Spotlight: Employer-Supported Group Volunteering
- Volunteer Spotlight: John Hrynchuk
- Volunteer Spotlight: Joy Goertzen and Dayna Graham
- Volunteer Spotlight: Lars Jansson
- Volunteer Spotlight: Rosemary Jackson
- Volunteer Spotlight: Tony Wawryko
- Volunteer Spotlight: Zoutman/Warrack Family
Lafarge and FortWhyte Alive, partners in building a better community.
Formally a Lafarge quarry, FortWhyte Alive is now home to sustainable living education facilities. As part of ongoing support to the organization, Lafarge is proud to sponsor and grow FortWhyte Alive's Volunteer Program.
Andy Dutfield, Vice President & General Manager of Lafarge related, "Lafarge is proud of our contribution to the history and development of FortWhyte Alive and it supports our values as a company".