Featuring weekly safaris from June to September 2017.
A truly wild ride.
You’re invited to climb aboard and go beyond the gates, deep into our bison prairie to experience your first up-close encounter with a herd of grunting, munching bison. These striking animals are stoic, hairy and huge.
But don’t take our word for it -- you’ve got to see it to believe it. This rare opportunity to get acquainted with these iconic prairie giants is not only wildly entertaining, but also an adventure that will leave you knowing more about how these magnificent beasts have shaped the history of the prairies.
Bison Safaris offer an experience like no other, and are constant favourite for:
- Families (add this to your summer bucket list!)
- Guests with limited mobility
- Out-of-town visitors looking for an epic Manitoba experience
What are you waiting for?
Book Your Bison Safari
Book online! Please scroll down to select from our upcoming dates, or visit our calendar of events. If you prefer to book over the phone, call us at (204) 989-8355 and we’ll take care of your reservation over the phone -- please have your credit card ready.
Safaris sell out weeks in advance and we strongly encourage making reservations to avoid disappointment.
Due to popular demand, we’re expanding our Bison Safaris offering to run every Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday through July and August. In June and September safaris will run every Thursday. Tours depart each day at 1 pm.
$16 for adult fare / 25% discount for FortWhyte Alive Members
$8 for children under 12 (children must be accompanied by an adult)
Book Your Own Private Bison Safari
Perhaps you have an alternative date in mind, and are looking to create the ultimate experience for your family or group. Private bookings are available with a minimum of 10 participants (minimum fee $160, regular seat pricing in effect). Please call (204) 989-8355 ext. 210 or email email@example.com to inquire.
About This Experience
- Tour length is 1 hour
- Guests are encouraged to bring a camera (and to take a bison selfie!)
- Passengers must remain on the bus at all times
- Bus does not accommodate wheelchairs; passengers must be able to transfer themselves
- Bison Safaris are weather and ground conditions-dependent; tours may be cancelled or postponed
- End your tour with lunch at the Buffalo Stone Café, a full visit to FortWhyte Alive, or see what else is on!
- Please note the cost of a safari does not include admission to the site