This past Thursday, 600 campers spent the evening outdoors, indulging their inner kid with typical camp activities like archery, crafts, and canoeing. Thanks to our sponsors, volunteers, facilitators and participants, The Great Escape raised over $10,000 in support of environmental education programs at FortWhyte Alive. Thank you to all those involved for making this one-of-a-kind fundraiser a success, and for supporting environmental education at FortWhyte Alive!
- Huge thanks to our menu sponsor Bothwell Cheese hosting that amazing campfire grilled cheese station. We’ve still got grilled cheese on the mind…
- Big thank you to Chef Kelly Andreas, Chef Erika Reimer and the crew from the Buffalo Stone Cafe by Diversity Foods for keeping our campers fed and watered.
- Thank you to Voyageur Wilderness Programme and Bothwell Cheese for donating amazing products for the raffle.
- Big thanks to Tripwire Media Group for what might be our best photo booth yet! You can see the photos here.
- Thank you to Mama Cutsworth and students from the DJ Academy for All Women and DJs Ack ‘n’ Quack for providing the perfect atmosphere for the lakeside patios and best-ever dance party once the sun went down.
- Big thank you to our craft counsellors extraordinaire, Toby Gillies and Natalie Ferguson, as well as Falcon Trails Resort, Cabela’s Canada and Maple Leaf Survival for providing totally unique activities for campers to do and and learn from.
- Our thanks to Natural Cycle for once again leading the group bike ride out to FortWhyte.
- Congratulations to the first 50 campers here who walked away with a bag full of goodies from our friends at GORP Clean Energy Bars, CPAWS, Manitoba Harvest Hemp Foods, Wilder Goods, Falcon Trails Resort and Red Bull Canada. Thank you!